Need to change your address?

Please click here to update your details


Rates are issued every financial year and are payable within 35 days from the Date of Issue of Annual Rates Notices.

Rates Enquiry

Do you have a rates enquiry? Please complete the rates enquiry form with as much details as possible to help us process your request in a timely manner. Click here to complete online.

Rate Payments

Pay your rates online using

  1. BPay - using your banking app
  2. B Point - follow this link and use the payment information on your rates notice
  3. In person – at either of the Shire’s Recreation Facilities during office hours – 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
  4. Direct transfer  Account Name: Shire of Coolgardie
    BSB: 016-719
    Account Number: 201587602
  5. Over the phone - by calling  08 9080 2111

Pay your rates by cheques or money orders:

Mail to:

Shire of Coolgardie
The Rates Department
PO Box138
Kambalda, WA, 6442

Please make cheques and money orders payable to the Shire of Coolgardie and attach the payment portion of your rates notice.

Payment Options

Council offers two payment options for paying your rates:

Option One

One instalment – Rates paid in full by the due date.

Option Two

Four Instalments – Paid on or before each due date (includes administration fee).

Penalty Interest

A standard fixed interest charge of 5%, calculated daily, will apply to all outstanding balances on council rates for a period greater than 35 days from the date of issue. This will continue until the account is paid in full. Eligible pensioners and seniors are exempt from this provision.

How are your Rates Calculated?

Local Authority Rates are based upon the Gross Rental Value (GRV) and Unimproved Values (UV) determined by the Valuer Generals Office. Rates are calculated by multiplying the properties GRV and UV by the applicable rate in the dollar, set by council.

If you believe your property has been incorrectly valued you may lodge an objection against the valuation of a property within 60 days of the date of issue of a Rates Notice.  For information on how your values are calculated and how to lodge an objection, please visit Landgate’s website : , or alternatively call Customer Service team on 61+ (0)8 9273 7373 

Rates Category Rates in the Dollar Minimum Rate
GRV - Residential 8.1401 cents / $ $757
GRV - General Industry / Light Industry 8.1401 cents / $ $757
GRV - Commercial 8.1401 cents / $ $757
GRV - Transient Workforce 16.117 cents / $ $1510
UV Pastoral 11.819 cents / $ $732
UV Mining/Other 23.226 cents / $ $467

Who Pays Council Rates?

Rates are the responsibility of the current owner of the property. New owners and those transferring ownership do have a legal responsibility to inform the Shire when a change in ownership or address occurs

What is an Emergency Service Levy?

The Emergency Services Levy (ESL) pays for services provided by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services . Collectively, this fee provides the community with development and maintenance to Fire Stations, Voluntary Fire Brigades, State Emergency Services, and Voluntary Emergency Services. For ESL enquiries visit Department of Fire & Emergency Services

Rates Notices Brochures

Rates and Budget Info 2023 24

Fire Hazard Compliance Notice 2023 24

Emergency Services Levy Brochure