Ranger Reporting

Reporting of the following can be reported direct to us:

  • Animal Complaints
  • Litter
  • Abandon Vehicles
  • Ranger related issues

Reporting methods:

Shire Rangers can help with;

  • dog, cat control and animal management issues (but not animal welfare issues of any kind);
  • attend to roaming livestock control issues on shire owned and control road verges and reserves;
  • local parking and parking management issues on Shire -owned, controlled and managed roads, verges, public access ways and footpaths only;
  • litter and Illegal dumping complaints;
  • safety and security concerns at Shire -owned, controlled and managed facilities, reserves and parks only;
  • local fire hazards or bush fire break matters, permit to burn and bushfire fuel load concerns within the Shire’s community;
  • verge compliance issues e.g. storage of materials, verge obstructions and damage to thoroughfares, and unsightly overgrown properties
  • storage of vehicles in a state of disrepair and vehicle wrecking.
  • untidy properties with accumulation of rubbish and disused materials. 
  • abandoned vehicles left on Shire roads and thoroughfares (excluding private property)
  • Shire maintenance and repair issues at its facilities, roads, parks and reserve areas reported after hours and during working hours
  • off-road vehicle issues on Shire-owned and controlled facilities, reserves and parkland areas only.  (no hooning complaints).

What Rangers cannot respond to;

  • request for security patrols or inspections of private properties or commercial sites,  hooning complaints of any kind, including unlicensed scooters,  motor bike on road and verge areas;
  • reports of suspicious persons, vehicles and disturbances on any non-local government land, facilities, parks or reserves;
  • neighbourly disputes of any kind;
  • Animal welfare issues of any kind.
  • reports of any personal welfare or safety issue outside of shire owned and controlled facilities;
  • off-road vehicle issues on any road, verges, pathways or private property;
  • security or parking control issues on land not owned or managed by the Shire
  • any other non-local government controlled matter; and

All these matters would require WA Police involvement or other state agency involvement. 

For WA Police related matters call 131 444.